Future Expert in Robotic Finishing – FR-2111-02
We are fans of robots, teamwork and happy hour in all its forms!
We’re great at what we do, and even better when it comes to partying!
We work in high technology, so we know the numbers! Here are the ones to remember about us:
- 65+ employees
- 18,200 coffees per year
- 63 corn roasts, happy hour, BBQ and other occasions to have fun together
- 1 legendary end-of-year party (we promise!)
- 15+ bike aficionados
- 1,522 pounds of iron to pump in our gym
- 160 Super Smash Bros games per year
- 2 dungeon and dragon leagues
Ready to join us? Good thing, we are looking for a Future Expert in Robotic Finishing!
AV&R is a Quebec engineering company specializing in robotics that is recognized worldwide and that works in the fields of aerospace, energy and orthopedics.
Within a multidisciplinary team, you will apply and configure the technologies related to our robotic solutions for specific machining needs.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Deadline for submission applications: As soon as possible
Main place of work: Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Establish robotic finishing configurations and recipes (profiling, polishing, deburring, etc.)
- Participate in the selection and configure existing equipment – robots, motors, abrasives, sensors, operating sequences – to develop robotic finishing processes
- Participate in the validation of the concepts and layouts of elements in systems using simulation software (i.e. HandlingPro software)
- Start up of systems at client’s facilities
- Provide client training
- Participate in the drafting of study plans and reports
- Perform any other related tasks
- Mechanical engineering technician, AEC in industrial robotics or relevant field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of mechanics/electrical/programming (ex. bench test setup)
- Knowledge of abrasives (brushes, discs, etc.) and their parameters of use
- Hands-on experience with finishing processes on metallic parts
- Fluent in French and English, spoken and written
- Valid driver’s licence
- Available for travel abroad (up to 30%)
- Proficiency in CAD software, ideally SolidWorks
- Experience in customer service
- Knowledge of FANUC Robotics industrial robots
- Group insurance
- Flexible hours
- Telemedicine program
- Possibility of telecommuting
- Group RRSP
- Enhanced parental leave
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to AV&R’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number for which you are applying to in your application.