Future Expert in Vision Machine
We are fans of robots, teamwork and happy hour in all its forms!
We’re great at what we do, and even better when it comes to partying!
We work in high technology, so we know the numbers! Here are the ones to remember about us:
- 65+ employees
- 18,200 coffees per year
- 63 corn roasts, happy hour, BBQ and other occasions to have fun together
- 1 legendary end-of-year party (we promise!)
- 15+ bike aficionados
- 2 yoga sessions and one online training class per week
- 160 Super Smash Bros games per year
- 2 dungeon and dragon leagues
Ready to join us? You have an interest in machine vision, but no experience. Good thing, we are looking for an expert in machine vision to become!
You will be part of the development team in charge of improving automated visual inspection technologies at AV&R. You will be actively involved in the development of inspection processes.
Using our inspection and image processing software, you will be asked to configure different routines to improve existing inspection processes and also explore new methods to expand our automated inspection offering. You will also be called upon to test different vision equipment and validate performance against processes in development.
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Deadline for submission applications: as soon as possible
Main place of work: Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Set up and adjust inspection routines in the AV&R inspection software (OwlVision) and on the inspection cell.
- Set up algorithms and image processing parameters to detect defects
- Optimize the inspection routine based on the performances of multiple parts
- Track detection performance and cycle time
- Set up robot paths and image acquisition settings
- Explore new acquisition equipment (cameras, lighting, 3D acquisition systems)
- Write customer and internal performance reports
- Test new image processing algorithms and tools in collaboration with the software team
- Explore new image processing tools (external libraries, artificial intelligence solutions, articles and other research)
- Perform any other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree of physics, in electrical engineering, in automated production or relevant technical training
- Interest in industrial vision
- Ability to work independently and with a minimal amount of instructions
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Creativity and initiative
- Patience and ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Writing skills
- Fluent in French and English, spoken and written
- Valid driver’s licence
- Available for travel abroad (20% to 25%)
- Knowledge of basic principles of industrial vision
- Digital vision training or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of industrial robots, including FANUC Robotics
- Group insurance
- Flexible hours
- Telemedicine program
- Possibility of telecommuting
- Group RRSP
- Enhanced parental leave
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to AV&R’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job number for which you are applying to in your application.