Junior Robotics Engineer
We are fans of robots, teamwork and happy hour in all its forms!
We’re great at what we do, and that includes partying!
We work in high technology, so we know the numbers! Here are the ones to remember about us:
- 65+ employees
- 18,200 coffees per year
- 63 corn roasts, happy hours, BBQ and other occasions to have fun together
- 1 legendary end-of-year party (we promise!)
- 15+ bike aficionados
- 2 yoga sessions and one online training class per week
- 160 Super Smash Bros games per year
- 2 dungeon and dragon leagues
Ready to join us? Good thing, we are looking for an outstanding junior robotics engineer!
AV&R is a Quebec engineering company specializing in robotics that is recognized worldwide and that works in the fields of aerospace, energy, and orthopedics.
You will be asked to work in various phases of a client project or development project (design, simulation, programming, installation, start-up and validation). You will work with the in-house development team of AV&R’s software platforms and processes. You will evolve within a multidisciplinary team that integrates standard elements (modules and options) into existing robotic platforms.
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Deadline for submission applications: as soon as possible
Main place of work: Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
• Validate concepts in the simulation environment using HandlingPro software
• Start up robotic systems (calibration, configuration, position teaching)
• Integrate and configure AV&R robotic software platform into projects
• Participate in the design and configuration of robotic systems
• Plan and track tasks in projects
• Participate in the installation and start-up of systems at customers’ facilities
• Support customer service for robotic systems at customers’ facilities
• Participate in the standardization of methods
• Provide training
• Review user and training guides
• Perform any other related tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Automated Manufacturing Engineering, Robotic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent training
• Professionalism, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate leadership and autonomy
• Fluent in French and English, spoken and written
• Valid driver’s licence
• Available for travel abroad (20%)
• Be a member of OIQ
• Basic knowledge of mechanics and electricals
• Knowledge of FANUC Robotics industrial robots
• Programming aptitude
• Experience in technical support and customer service
• Group insurance • Possibility of telecommuting
• Flexible hours
• Telemedicine program • Group RRSP
• Enhanced parental leave
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to AV&R’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include the job number for which you are applying to in your application.